Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bleeding Through, Slayer & Marilyn Manson

God I'm bruised up. Bruises on my arms, on my ribs, and one on my leg. But looking at all the freaks was well worth it.

Marcus and I were in the pit. We started out maybe 4 rows from the front during Bleeding Through. They put on a good show.

Dude, Slayer fans are freaking out of control. Somehow I ended up in the fucking middle of tall ass guys with long nappy hair. I didn't see much of slayer simply because i had these gross, smelly, sweaty, long-haired guys headbanging and whipping me in the face with their hair and sweat. not a pleasurable experience. I had lost marcus halfway through the set and i had this big black guy protecting me or something. he had his hands around me trying to block off people or just trying to touch me...i have no idea which. and he kept asking me if i was ok. but i wasn't, i couldn't get a breath of fresh air until slayer got off stage. nonetheless, it was still pretty badass.

After slayer was done, i decided to find marcus and he was holding his ground in the very first row. so i gladly join him. that's right bitches....first fucking row in a marilyn manson concert. even before the show we had to get people off us so we could maintain our badass front row. the security guys were pretty cool too. they poured bottled water down our throats and were shooting the shit with the fans.

Then it happened. I see Marilyn Manson in person. God I love that man. Unfortunately the one song I wanted him to play, he didn't...but oh well. The highlight was when he was singing about 2 yards in front of me. One step forward I would've been touching his outreached hand, two steps i would've been on top of him. It's so amazing how attracted I am to that man....being he's not attractive at all.

I made it through about 4 or 5 songs and then i felt like i was going to pass out. A combination of not eating dinner, drinking only a little water, and a large crowd tumbling and pushing into the back of me did not help my situation. They were constricting my fucking lungs and I thought I was going to die. so marcus and another guy help me over the front of the retaining wall and i stumble to the snack place where i eat a couple tortilla chips and drink a glass of water. I go back out to the floor and sit my ass down in the back and enjoy my food and somewhat fresh air. I'm so mad at myself that i gave up the fucking front row. Note to self - before crazy ass shows, eat food.

But MM put on a great show. He wasn't exactly on key the whole time but it's just a spectacle to watch him in action. I am so happy I went and that I was in the first fucking row. Thanks Marcus...you're the bomb bomb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home