Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Holiday weekends are fabulous

So I'm definitely a grandma. I cannot for the life of me go out two nights in a row.

Saturday night was a blast. It was the first time Jenny was able to drink in over a month and a half....needless to say, we were happily drunk. The two of us went to PB Bar & Grill. Although I'm not really interested in hooking up with anyone, it's still nice to have random guys hit on you. However, I get rather pissed when they dance behind you for two seconds then feel the need to grab your boob. Fucking gross guys. Besides that, Jenny and I finally got to dance and work our shit. Ha, I can't believe I just said that. Anyway...

Sunday was awesome. It just confirms the fact that I adore the people at my work. We had our annual labor day work party. Jenny came and met all the characters at my work. So I was pretty much the only girl over 12 that went in the pool. Yeah, I realize I'm like 5 years old but oh well. What really made me happy is that women kept saying they would never get in a bathing suit around work people and that they were selfconscious. #1. Glad I don't give a fuck. #2. People kept calling me thin. #3. People said that if they had my body they would be in the pool too. It's nice to hear things like that especially after being at USD for four years. You sometimes forget that the whole world isn't all plastic-picture-perfect. Even though I don't have the stereotypical rockin' body, I'm healthy and I should be damn proud of what I look like. And I've decided that other people should remember that too.
Sunday night I was going to go out but I passed out instead. Fucking grandma symptoms.

Monday was fabulous. Got to hang out with my dear Andrew. Always so happy to see my baby. Bought some sunglasses with the help of the queer eye. Jenny and I had 5 miles...which normally isnt bad but I think my body was too tired from the weekend to bust out a good run. After a weekend of almost hanging out, I finally saw Brad and caught up on the weekend and such.

Overall, one hell of a holiday weekend. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home