Thursday, November 24, 2005

Oh Thanksgiving

I've had a long and trying week.

TUESDAY:
Went to the dentist. Ok, let's back up a bit. I had to fill out this questionnaire about my health and whatnot because it was my first time with this dentist. I had this little heart murmur thing a couple of years ago but since then nothing has happened with it. APPARENTLY I can't even get my teeth cleaned without getting a clearance from my doctor saying my heart is ok. jesus christ, i ran a marathon and you're going to say my heart is not in good condition? I had to make an appointment with my doctor in san diego because my old doctors in TO wouldnt sign a fax saying i was ok. FUCK THAT. $20 copay to see my doctor so they can tell me i'm ok. jesus, all this hassle just to get my teeth CLEANED. THEN the dentist tells me it will be $300 to clean my teeth and fill in my cavities. Three hundred dollars? Are you for real right now? I never had to pay for that shit when I was little.

WEDNESDAY:
Left for TO around 11pm. Halfway through orange county i think, "hmm, why is my steering wheel hard to keep straight? oh shit, what's that noise? FUCK!" I pull over to the side of the freeway scared out of my mind. Oh wonderful it's midnight and i have a flat tire. Oh the spare tire in my trunk is flat as well. Fantastic. i call my dad. "dad, i have a flat tire. what do i do?" My dad called the towing company but all but one were closed because of the holiday. he said the soonest he would be able to help me is in 2 hours. well fuck. Both my mom and my dad drove from TO to rescue me. My dad changes my tire and we get off on the next exit to fill the rest of my tires with air. When I was outside with my dad, this hispanic man with a thick accent gets out of his car, which is right next to us, and asks my dad and me if we want a cigarette. we both say no politely. my dad goes to move the other car and the hispanic man asks me my name, asks me if i want another cigarette and continues to hit on me. Jesus christ man it's 3:30 in the fucking morning and my PARENTS are right next to me. Why the HELL are you hitting on me? Go home man, just go home. So my parents and i take off for home going no more that 55 mph at any time. Man did that take a long time to get home. I walked in the door at 5am. It was the longest time it has EVER taken me to get home.

THURSDAY:
Relaxing day of watching old movies and doing laundry and eating and running. A wonderful day with the fam to make up for my two horrid days before. sigh, and i'm spent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennystopmakingmecookies said...

I actually had a really nice thanksgiving. It's been the first family holiday where i wasn't stressed out trying ot entertain extended family. I am grateful.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home