Sunday, February 19, 2006

Compliments of the Ruans

So, I pretty much had a fabulous weekend. Two of my friends from home, Vicki and Andrew, came into town. So Jenny and Michael joined us for dinner at Miguels where I ate their fabulous white sauce (ew that sounds gross) and had a mango margarita. soooo good.

then we proceeded to cass st where jenny spent the entire night flirting with an older man and i asked andrew and vicki a million questions about politics. it was the most intense bar conversation ive ever had in my life. and then we talked about how we hate stingy people when they have fucking money to spend. but i'm not bitter...nope, never.

when we got back to my apartment we went to dennys and i had a waffle with strawberries with it. amazing. and vicki order four, yes four, side items and ate every single last bite. but this is not the end of our eating....it just began there.

saturday rolls around and i decided to go for a run. i completely ate shit. i tripped on a little lip in the sidewalk. i tried so hard to dive on the grass right next to me with my last two steps before i fell but was unsuccessful. my shoulder hit the grass (definitely got a grass stain) but my elbow and hip were not so fortunate. as i lay crippled on the sidewalk this suburban pulls up to me and this old couple asks if i'm alright. i say i'll be fine. they drive 10 feet ahead, stop, put the car in reverse, stop next to me again and the old woman proceeds to get out of the car to see if i'm alright. i'm incredibly embarassed by this time. the woman is telling me that it is alright to let her help me and her husband driver is asking me if i need a ride anywhere. granted this is super nice but i'm so embarassed that i just want them to leave. so i thank them for being so kind and say i'll be fine. the rest of the run i made sure to pick up my damn feet when i ran. ew, and i left a red mark on the sidewalk from the cut on my elbow. stupid battle wound.

then i got my haircut. no more grown out mullet for me!

then i went to barona where vicki's parents were staying. they bought vicki, andrew and i a room for saturday night. they also bought us an extraordinary meal. appetizers, soup, salad, and steak. mmmmm...meat. so i want to be auntie gwynneth. this woman is out of control. talking about wine and money and politics and god knows what else. but she was a fucking riot. picture this: old, crazy, asian woman talking in her cute little accent and just being the life of the party. i love that woman.

so a, v, and i continued to drink more, pose and take pictures (just wait for them to arrive on myspace), lose money gambling, drink more, and pass out. absoltuely a phenomenal time.

woke up, had breakfast on the ruan's again. her family was being extremely generous.

i drive back home. i was supposed to do laundry, and go grocery shopping. yeah that didnt happen. nick hung out for a while, jenny and i had a discussion about religion, and i started crying while reminiscing about praying with vicki right before we went to high school. i had the most happy, lighthearted weekend and all of the sudden i feel extremely lost. i don't know what i believe and i don't really know what i want to get out of my lifetime. and that freaks me out. so i'm going to try and not think about it and go to bed.

and just for the record, horny=bad news

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home