Sunday, September 24, 2006

Joooooooooooooooooooooooan

Alright, friday was joan's bday. Jenny made funfetti so before we even went to dinner we started eating the cake. so effing good. took a shot and we were on our way to sushi for joan's first time experience.

We drank some saki and beer and ate magnificent sushi at Umi Sushi here in wonderful point loma. Joan liked it so that was definitely a plus.

OH, i forgot one of the most important things. We were all wearing these really cute "drink" shirts. Cute matching us!

Walked back to our apartment where we continued to eat cake and chat about god knows what. "I....I lost my cake." ~ quote from me

So then we ventured to the captain's quarters. where i continued to get absolutely shitfaced. It was one of those things where there is always someone more drunk than you on your birthday....and that was definitely me.

So one guy kept giving me a creepy look so I finally blurted out something along the lines of, will you stop looking at me cuz you're creeping me out. Then he got all offended and said that he was just at a funeral and blah blah blah. Under normal circumstances I would've felt bad...but you're at a shady bar, don't be giving girls half your age creepy looks.

Next guy comes up to us and tells Joan that she shouldn't have her cash and credit card hanging out of her back pocket. So, that's nice. Not like creepy guy before. That guy was actually pretty cool. You got a lot of balls to come up to three girls and try and hit on every one hoping that one will go for you back. Seriously though, he was nice and he told jenny and i of a place to go when we're in portland.

Then comes darts and even more strange guys looking at us....they did however buy us drinks. however those shots I'm sure were the downfall for my splitting headache the next day. There was another guy playing darts with us who was pretty cool. So i've decided that you are either right on or completely off with the people that go to CQ.

Here's something funny. The bartender knows who I am! She remembered me from the many times I went to get pitchers when I was with Nick. I can't believe I'm a "regular" at the captain's quarters. That truly makes me laugh.

The poor birthday girl had major hiccups so we decided to go home. I don't remember going home. I do remember hiding behind the dumpster so that some other guys walking on the sidewalk wouldn't see us. Apparently we finished the cake...there are many pictures to prove that I probably ate half of it. No joke. And apparently i took off my bra in the middle of the living room. I vaguely remember that. I also called andre. Don't remember talking to him. Called Kevin....he was smart enough not to pick up the phone.

Next morning...Jenny knocks on my door and comes in. "I'm sorry, I saw your light on and I thought you were studying." HAHA, not quite. I ended up in my bed with my shirt and jeans, my belt on the floor, and my light still on. Wow did I feel like complete ass. I seriously felt like i was back in college when you just got fucked up and you knew you would pay for it the next day. However, this was not my intention. Stupid girl.

So all in all....a pretty good birthday celebration if i do say so myself.

And then today I realized that in exactly one week i will have completed another marathon. who the fuck does that? it's weird, i wasn't nervous last year but right now i'm terrified. i know we're ready....i just am scared. I'm really excited to get out of town. portland is beautiful and i can't wait to go.

alright....once again, i've procrastinated studying enough. I promise a good blog in one week. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

i remember those shirts! i wish i was there with you guys...i love funfetti. but, that's not why i wish i was there. well...that's not the WHOLE reason i wish i was there. lol! good luck at the marathon!!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home